[Printing-architecture] IPP Validate-Job operation and its implementation in CUPS

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:40:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

Commenting just on one point in your note.

Validate-Job has been REQUIRED for all IPP implementations since
original IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) and is REQUIRED in IETF Standard IPP/1.1
(RFC 8011).  It is NOT optional to support.

Cheers,
- Ira (co-chair of IPP WG)

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
<blueroofmusic at gmail.com>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839