[Printing-architecture] Mopria has published the eSCL protocol specification

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Mon Apr 19 17:17:08 UTC 2021

Hi,

Mopria has published the eSCL protocol specification:

     https://mopria.org/spec-download

Basically, it's the same as scanning part of Apple AirPrint (Bonjour
scanning).

Also I think, it's effectively kills any need of IPP-scan.

We just should go ahead with eSCL. This protocol is simple,
well-defined, widely supported. As a bonus, well-written eSCL server can
export scanner to any Linux machine, any smartphone and any Apple device.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)