[Printing-architecture] Make use of extended color spaces on IPP printers

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Sun May 9 14:03:48 UTC 2021

On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 09:41:38AM -0400, Michael Sweet wrote:
> So printers that support device RGB and device gray also support the
> "printer-icc-profiles" attribute, which allows you to determine which
> profile to use for a particular combination of Job Template
> attributes.  In some cases a single profile is reported that
> represents the printer's internal working color space.

Forgive my ignorance here, but am I correct in my understanding that
this attribute provides a URI for clients to retrieve the profile?

So ideally, the client should retrieve the profile and transform the
colorspace into the appropriate DeviceXXX space, and tag the
raster/document as such?

Otherwise, the client should submit the document tagged with a standard
(eg sRGB or AdobeRGB) colorspace, and let the printer do any necessary
transforms?

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)