[Printing-architecture] Make use of extended color spaces on IPP printers

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Mon May 10 01:08:31 UTC 2021

TIll,

> On May 9, 2021, at 5:31 PM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> be specified/approximated (e.g. "CalRGB" is approximately sRGB and "CalGray" is approximately sGray).
>>

> Are their more "variants" of sRGB and AdobeRGB? Is this documented somewhere? I hope this does not get arbitrarily complicated to rasterize a vector PDF into the desired color space.

No, just that sRGB is approximated with RGB primaries and a 2.2 gamma curve vs. the official ICC profile, or using the CalRGB/CalGray colorspace.  Similarly, AdobeRGB can be approximated using its primaries and the 2.2 gamma curve vs. the official ICC profile.  And then there are multiple sRGB and AdobeRGB profiles for different ICC versions...