[Inkjet-list] Re: New inkjet printing architecture

Mark Hamzy hamzy at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 24 09:27:31 PDT 2001

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.  I was basing my response off what I thought would be
the
cups_page_header_t equivalent that was being proposed.  When I look at that
structure, I dont see
quality string or resolution string.  You have to open and parse the PPD
file for this right?  If these
would be in the inkjet-architecture's job properties equivalent, then we
would save processing
time (especially over many pages and jobs).

> The work the PWG is doing on standardized naming might be useful
> to use here, although the current spec is getting a little out of
> hand...

Yes, the self describing name is no longer fit for command line properties
for a print job.  However,
we are proposing a short name with a XML structure for better parsing.

Mark