[printing-driver] Canon CAPT driver - WORK IN PROGRESS

Alexey Galakhov agalakhov at gmail.com
Sun May 23 13:17:58 PDT 2010

Hello!

I'm working on the driver for Canon so-called CAPT laser printers based on
reverse engineering. I own a LBP-2900 one. So far, I have something like
working Hi-SCoA compression and CAPT command i/o. I'm able to print small
images but, for some reason, the printer stops responding if trying to print
something that is more than 100 lines in height.

I'm looking for any help in debugging my driver, reverse engineering the
printer and so on.

Everything I wrote is available on Sourceforge at foo2capt.sourceforge.net .

With best regards,
Alex