[Printing Foomatic] How to contribute while OpenPrinting.org login mechanism is broken?

Volker Grabsch vog at notjusthosting.com
Thu Oct 4 22:52:15 UTC 2012

Dear foomatic developers,

I successfully adapted the existing PPDs to support my new
printer (Brother HL-2240D), and I'd like to share my knowledge
by contributing to OpenPrinting. However, the OpenPrinting.org
login mechanism is broken and the webmaster is not responding. [1]

Is there another way to contribute to OpenPrinting?

I also wonder how other people are currently contributing.
Or, is there simply nobody contributing at the moment?

As a temporary solution, I published the PPD on my private
website, as I did in the past: http://profv.de/brother
However, I'd love to see this somehow included into
the official foomatic packages, so that more people
will benefit from my work.

Regards,
Volker

[1] Only the webmaster of Linux-Foundation.org is
    responsive, but he can't help out on that issue.
    I reported the issue on 2012-09-22, but I suspect
    this problem already exists for more than 2 weeks.

--
Volker Grabsch