[Printing-japan] [Printing-summit] color management talks, GSoC 2009, etc.

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung @ yahoo.co.uk
2009年 4月 9日 (木) 18:21:58 PDT

--- On Fri, 10/4/09, Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic @ gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hin-Tak,
>
> Till has setup recording of ALL of the sessions this week
> and will post links to the recordings next week.
>
> Michael's presentation was perfectly clear over the phone
> and he mentioned slide numbers, so the recording should
> be fine.

Thanks - that's nice. I look forward to the recordings.

I meant to write about GSoC 2009 as well - applications need to be scored, etc in the next week or so. There isn't much(any?) in my area of expertise with printing; although I took a serious look at the currently unmentored applications for adding AP/master mode support to NetworkManager, having a personal interest to see that done :-). (recently I got myself into the kernel officially as one of the the maintainers of one of the wireless device drivers; and I am on the linux-wireless devel mailing list). Having looked at the both the actual applications, and comparing the taken-up students and the not-taken-up students' applications, and also some of the postings on linux-wireless student's postings and responses, I think the current state (8-12 promising applications spanning mostly printing and wireless) is fair;Dan William - who offers to mentor the AP/master mode support - hasn't taken up or respond to the applications, and I don't know enough about
 gnome/kde/GTK/QT/wpa_supplicant/dbus to mentor that either, so it is just as well.

Hin-Tak