[Security_sig] Re: Departmental questions resolution...

Ed Reed ereed at novell.com
Wed Aug 17 19:56:17 PDT 2005

>>> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at  9:01 am, in message
<57084.205.242.228.62.1124283714.squirrel at 205.242.228.62>, "Philip
Peake"
<philip at vogon.net> wrote:

> I think you have been spending too much time with the BIG customers
:- )

Guilty as charged!

> Going back to the question --  perhaps the simple answer is that
there is
> not a simple answer to this question --  perhaps it needs to be asked
in
> sections related to the size/complexity of the IT organizations.

I agree.  I've worked from the assumption that we're talking about
organizations that have a raised floor data center environment, so that
leaves out the really small shops.

But I'm all too familiar with shops running way too many databases on
way too small machines with a single operating system administrator
trying to double duty as the DBA for their business apps suite.  So I
get your point.

Dunno what the balance is.  I'll defer to the larger group.