[Security_sig] Pls review DLT Cap Doc 1.0 Security Section Draft

Emily Ratliff emilyr at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 7 12:40:32 PST 2005

One more thing...

It turns out that the firewall assumption also reveals a disconnect between
the DCL and DLT documents. The disconnect turns out to be based on the
infrastructure/environment vs. single machine view. The security part of
the DCL spec covers the single machine view. The DLT spec is making
assumptions about the DCL environment which are valid but not covered by
the DCL spec. I know that we had this discussion when deciding on the
capabilities for the DCL spec.

Should there be a third document that talks about the expected DCL
infrastructure and the security components that it will have? Not all of
the security components (firewall appliance or firewall capability in the
router, mail scanning, etc.)  will necessarily be Linux based but could be.
Should the environmental assumptions implicit to the DLT document be made
explicit in that document?

Emily

Emily Ratliff
IBM Linux Technology Center, Security