[Security_sig] Tomorrow's SIG

Mary Edie Meredith maryedie at osdl.org
Wed Jul 6 13:32:13 PDT 2005

Folks, I have an all day meeting that starts at 8:30
tomorrow (Thurs), so I will have to miss the security conference
call.

Here is my status, and what information I would appreciate
your discussing on the call.

My status is that I have posted the first use case on database
servers made from Ed's description.  I'll try to get to the
other four by the next call.

I'm not wanting to put pressure on the DCL security section
team, since they are doing a great job.  But I need to
keep the DCL folks informed of progress and determine
what could be available for LWE in August.

I think there are several milestones we could strive to
complete (content, not final released product).  I see
it something along the lines of:

1-the description of the servers (done needs DCL review),
2-the outline (high level done) and capabilities identified,
3-the capabilities described,
4-the maturity/weights of the capabilities identified for
each tier (edge/app/database).  The tiers don't exactly
match Ed's servers: we can merge the needs of web, print,
and infrastructure into edge.

Feel free to adjust the above list as needed.

Questions:
1-I'd like to know what the group thinks can be ready for
DCL review by August 1 (leaving some review time by DCL).
Beyond that, how long will it take to develop the content
for all of it?
2-Do we remove the descriptions of the servers from the
security section, and reference the use cases, or do
we maintain both the descriptions in the document and
the use cases (yuck).

--
Mary Edie Meredith
maryedie at osdl.org