[Security_sig] Question 1 from the Paris F2F

Mary Edie Meredith maryedie at osdl.org
Tue Jun 14 14:31:13 PDT 2005

A few Security type questions arose from the Face to Face
meetings.  I'd like to post them here so the answers will
be public.

This is the first one.  Hopefully my notes will be clear:

DCL attendees were under the impression that Http basic
authentication is becoming more and more unacceptable.

Users may have to move to the next higher level authentication.

People didn't know if Linux browsers support the higher levels.

So if http basic authentication becomes unacceptable, will
Linux be in trouble?

--
Mary Edie Meredith
maryedie at osdl.org