[Tech-board-discuss] TAB nomination

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Nov 6 23:42:27 UTC 2018

Hi all,

My two-year term on the TAB is up this year and I'd like to stand for
re-election.

It's been a somewhat stressful time for the TAB lately, given the Code
of Conduct changes that we ended up in the middle of, but I've also
found the work to be meaningful and worthwhile. Some portions of it
around process and procedures are not yet complete, and I'd like an
opportunity to see it through.

Specific contributions from me around the code of conduct have been
the separation of direct TAB and code of conduct work in a cooperative
way that also provides a second level of checks if needed. I've also
been pushing for the need for timely anonymous statistics from the
TAB/committee, with the hope that it will ease off some of the fears
of the unknown as these changes are made.

Besides those recent developments, some of the work I've felt most
satisfaction from through the years is when I've been able to help get
companies and other contributors to come in and participate upstream.
In particular some ARM vendors have come a long way in working with
the community, even if it is always a work in progress.

I've been around the kernel project for about 15 years, and maintainer
of arm-soc together with Arnd and Kevin for 7 years now. For most of
this time I've been involved in embedded platforms in some way or
other, and it's a viewpoint and representation I bring to the TAB that
hasn't traditionally been heavily represented.

Thanks,

-Olof