[Tech-board-discuss] [Ksummit-discuss] TAB nomination

Shuah Khan shuah at kernel.org
Wed Nov 7 16:54:46 UTC 2018

Hi All,

As an active contributor and maintainer, I enjoy collaborating with talented
group of developers with diverse backgrounds and expertise. As a maintainer
and a developer, I have the responsibility to uphold the technical standards
to make the Linux kernel better in each release.

I started out as an independent contributor to the Android mainlining effort.
I maintain Kernel Selftest and USB over IP drivers. My role as a Kselftest
maintainer has overlaps with several critical kernel sub-systems and
continues to challenge me to be a good citizen of the community while
encouraging others to do the same.

During my previous tenure as a TAB member, I contributed to the Linux Kernel
Community Enforcement Statement work. It was behind the scenes work to explain
the need for the statement and get developers, maintainers and Corporate
members to lend their support. It was a very important effort for the
continued success of the Linux kernel in the industry as the platform for
open source eco-systems. I am proud to have played an important role in the
process.

It has been an eventful and challenging couple of months for the Linux
Community with the recent developments. The Code of Conduct introduction
and subsequent discussion shined a spotlight on the community.

I have been active and vocal in the efforts to initiate an open discussion
to review the Code of Conduct to evolve it to allay concerns from the
community. I strongly believe the CoC is a step in the right direction for
us as a community to continue to be a welcoming place while maintaining high
technical and code standards for acceptance.

I am running for TAB to continue the efforts to evolve the CoC process as
a member of the Technical Advisory board and work towards making the
community a welcoming place for a diverse group of developers.

I believe I can bring a unique perspective of women in the open source
community to the TAB. I hope I can count on your support to help represent
the community.

thanks,
-- Shuah