[Tech-board-discuss] self-nomination for TAB election

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Wed Nov 7 20:23:50 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am a long time Linux contributor, and hereby volunteer
to serve on the TAB for another term. I founded the
Kernel Newbies project, and am an active developer in
various parts of the core kernel.

During the past 2 year term, the TAB spent a great deal
of time and effort helping build consensus around how to
do GPL enforcement. In a cooperative project, decisions
should be (and are) made by the developers and maintainers
doing the actual work on Linux, but the behind the scenes
advisory work done by the TAB helps strengthen the community.

After spending time figuring out how to keep people
in the community, I believe the TAB could play a real
role attracting more contributors to the Linux kernel
by helping encourage and set up projects to help new
Linux developers. I would like to be a part of that.

kind regards,

Rik
--
All Rights Reversed.