[Tech-board-discuss] [Ksummit-discuss] TAB non-nomination

NeilBrown neilb at suse.com
Mon Nov 12 04:54:56 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 11 2018, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> At this point, Linus has indicated that he would prefer that we not
> try to tweak the CoC any further, and let's see how it works out in
> practice.

I do love this.  Linus, who is apparently the cause of the problem, is
seen to be wise enough to be able to decide when we should start the
conversation, and when we should stop it.

To me, this just seems like Linus throwing his weight around in an area
where he has already demonstrated his incompetence.

Of course we cannot really see how the CoC "works out in practice"
because you changed two variables at once.  Linus decided to behave
differently and a CoC was "adopted".  We will never know which change
had which effect.

NeilBrown