[Tech-board-discuss] Not running for the TAB again this time

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Nov 13 02:29:00 UTC 2018

After a lot of consideration I have decided to not run for re-election to the
TAB this year. The reason is that I believe that at this particular juncture
the TAB doesn't need one more white, male, long-term Linux early enthusiast.
Instead I have come to the conclusion that the professionalization of the
Linux community that very much need to happen now requires wider representation.

I am grateful for having been trusted to represent the Linux community in this
way for the last four years, and I may run again at some point in the future.
However, this does not feel to me like the right time to do so.

I would like to urge the community when you cast your ballots to keep this
need in mind.

	-hpa