[Tech-board-discuss] Self-nomination for 2020 TAB election

Frank Rowand frowand.list at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:02:58 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I would like to stand for election to the Technical Advisory Board.

I have encouraged the TAB to be more transparent for many years.
As a TAB member, I will work to increase the visibility of the
work of the TAB by regularly publishing minutes and I will bring
the TAB wiki up to date.  I will provide in-person access to myself
as a TAB member at a range of conferences world-wide when in-person
conferences resume (I normally attend conferences in Europe,
North America, and Japan).

I will represent a demographic that is currently missing from the
TAB - companies that incorporate Open Source Software in consumer
and professional products.  This gives me an insight of how to be
a good OSS community member as a consumer of and participant of a
broad range of OSS communities.

I have been a Linux kernel contributor since 1999, working in various
areas, and a Linux kernel maintainer of devicetree since 2015.  I have
been the co-chair of the Embedded Linux Conference (North America and
Europe) program committee since 2008.  I have been a Linux Plumbers
microconference organizer, and served on the Linux Plumbers program
committee.  I have given many presentations on technology, process,
and community at many different Linux conferences, including Embedded
Linux Conference, Open Source Summit and others.

Please feel free to contact me with questions, concerns, and
comments.

Thanks,

Frank Rowand